EPCs FOR RENEWABLE feed in tariff (FIT)


If you are looking to get payment back through the FIT Scheme you will require an EPC. Payments can be claimed for certain types of heating including heat pumps, solar water heating and biomass boilers. 

As part of your application your EPC must be less than two years old with no recommendations to increase loft insulation or cavity wall insulation. You will also require your MCS Certificate number (Micro-generation Certification Scheme) and documentation showing your financial contribution toward the purchase / installation cost of the system you are claiming for.